Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 2: The New Year is under way

Okay so now the festivities of the holiday season are truly behind us. Thanksgiving Weekend, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, Christmas day, New Year's Day. Now all that is left is the new year.

Some have made all kinds of resolutions. This will be the year when change will come. Change will not come for change's sake. Change comes because we are intentional about change. My life is different today because I was intentional in allowing God to have control over my life. The Daniel Fast for me is in part about renewing my relationship with God. I want to read more, study more and serve in a more complete way. It is only the second day of the fast. It is only the second day of a renewed commitment to God.

We have to be careful at Bethel not to forget who God is in our lives. I am reminded of Romans 12:1 "For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God, nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their hearts became darkened." The ongoing goal of the fast is to make sure that we KNOW GOD AND GLORIFY GOD so that are thoughts don't become futile and hearts darkened. God has and continues to do his part. Now we all must do our part and reach toward God.

No comments:

Post a Comment