Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bethel Daniel Fast 5: Praise affects Heat

It may be cold outside, but praise controls my thermostat.

This morning when God woke me up, He immediately took me to words from a Marvin Sapp song, "I have had my share of ups and downs, times when there was no one around, God came and spoke these words to me... 'Praise will confuse the enemy'".

I am convinced more than ever that there is nothing more empowering than praise given to God. I am sometimes amazed that even on my most challenging days, when I turn my attention to God everything around me changes. Sometimes the change occurs gradually. Sometimes it is immediate. But in EVERY case there is change to the glory of God. Many times our situations are governed by the view in our immediate circumstance. However, if we adjust our vision to see and seek God more clearly, the climate control will adjust itself to our necessary comfort level. In other words praise becomes our lens. Praise becomes the device that controls our thermostat. More praise, more Holy Spirit.

I leave you with this on this day as we continue our fasting season...Philippians 4:8, "Finally, my sisters and brothers, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy... meditate on these things." God and the things of God are certainly praiseworthy. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment