Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bethel Daniel Fast Day 16: Wouldn't vs. Couldn't

Yesterday for the first serious time during this fast, I thought about my old diet instead of the fast. Myra and i run a catering business and yesterday and today we have significant catering opportunities. It was amazing to me to be around all of this good food that was being prepared and served, yet realizing that we weren't going to eat any of it.

I am not sure you understand: Baked chicken, seasoned Talapia, Stringbeans cooked with smoked turkey, baked Ziti, peas and rice, fried chicken... this is just the part of the menu that I remember as I write today's blog. People offered to make us a plate and we chose not to partake. We didn't even want the stringbeans becasue it was cooked with smoked turkey. I am reminded that so much of our faith is choice. We could have eaten the food, but we wouldn't because of our commitment to God, to each other, to Bethel and to the Bethel family.

All we have to do is re-read the temptaions of Christ in Mathew 4 and Luke 4. It wasn't that Jesus couldn't show Satan that He was the all powerful Son of God. He chose that He wouldn't because of his commitment to God and to saving all of us from our sins. It is my desire every day to choose God. Only God be Glorified!

No comments:

Post a Comment