Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bethel Daniel Fast Day 10: Staying Steadfast

Yesterday was a day filled with challenge from all sides. I wanted perfection in all of the things I had laid out for before me. After I was in the midst of some of those tasks, I realized that perhaps perfection wasn't going to be an option. The more I pressed my way, the more I realized that I no longer wanted elusive perfection, I just wanted the assignments completed.

Sometimes we approach things in life filled with anticipation and happiness and once things start to go wrong, our overall modd is affected. You leave your house in your car and 2o minutes later you have a flat tire. You plan all year to go to the amusement park on a particular day and it rains all day. Your task is ruined and you just want things to be over.

However, even though things may not go according to our plan, God's plan is still in control. When God is in control we must not lose heart for there surely is a blessing in store. Galatians 6:9, "And let us not grow weary in doing good for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Stay focused on God. The blessing is about to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment