Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bethel Daniel Fast: Day 6: Drawing Nearer

Some of you, if you read the worship folder from Sunday, know that there was morning prayer held at Bethel today. Morning prayer to start the day off with the Lord. This is the first time since I have been at Bethel that something like this took place. Morning prayer will take place the next two Wednesdays from 7:30am to 8:15am. This is a time of corporate prayer, individual prayer and meditation at the altar of Bethel.

As I have mentioned during worship and in some places during this blog, seeking God requires a sacrifice on each of our parts. Getting up earlier to press my way to the altar on a cold January morning was different. I had pressed my way out of my bed early in the morning to pray, but today required me to get up, get dress and believe that a blessing would be at God's Bethel.

The blessing this morning came in many ways. First, I wasn't the only one at the church! Second, God blessed us as we sought His face praying, praising, worshipping and trusting God. Third, the Lord chose to be there because we chose to be there. The psalmist writes, "But it is good for me to draw near to God. I have put my trust in the Lord God that I may declare all your works. (Psalm 73:28)" It is good for all of us to draw near to God. For some this step will be more prayer in their home. For others, it will be pressing your way to church and God's people. And still for others, it will be pressing your way to the altar to pray. Draw near to God in all things!

No comments:

Post a Comment