Friday, January 15, 2010

Bethel Daniel Fast Day 15: Commitment

I was in a conversation with my brother recently and we found ourselves speaking about marraige and commitment. I am not sure why we went down this road, but when siblings get together we sometimes talk about the things that "excite" us about marraige. So on this day, we bagan to have conversations about commitment..

As we spoke, my mind drifted back to the year before I got married, while Myra and I were still dating. I remember that before I proposed, I really prayed about God's blessings and I prayed about commitment. I spoke to God about giving us strength to be committed to Him and each other not just on the days when we felt great, but especially on the days ahead when we would be faced with challenges.

As we meditate today on "Spiritual and Increased Commitment", I want to praise God. As a church family we haev already gone through 14 days of this fast. As a church family, people have joined and started new ministries. As a church family, we are and continue to be blessed. Praying before the commitment energizes the commitment and I thank God for this revelation. 2 Timothy states, "The good things which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us." Let us continue to renew our commitment to God and the Holy Spirit as we continue this journey. Only God be Glorified!

No comments:

Post a Comment