Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bethel Daniel Fast Day 17: Hope out of Hopelessness

I am still amazed as I read the reports and see the images from Haiti, how far reaching the devestation is for the major catastrophe. Even as I was meditatiing on the messgae for this morning, I understand (in a small but significant way) how far reaching this event is to many families.

I recall the initial em0tions when the news first cma eout about the earthquake. The death, the fear, the loss, the hurt and the pain were all evident. These things will still be there in the days ahead. Yet in the days following the earthquake and in the days yet to come we will also begin to hear stories of God's grace. We will hear how people have survived. We will how familes are re-united. We will hear how people prayed and God spared their lives.

Sometimes it is difficult to understand and I do not presume to know the answer to the obvious question: why did this happen? But I do know that life is filles with highs and lows, celebration and dissapointment. I do know that our faith will be challenged and that God will reward, validate and strengthen our faith because we remain commitee to Him. David says in 1 Chronicles 29:13, "Now therefore, our God, we give you thanks and praise your glorious name." this was after David lived through all of the challenges of his life, the threats on his life, the anguish and the honor. He still relaized that having hope in God was better than hopelessness. I choose Christ in all things, because from my perspective there will never be a better option. Only God be Glorified!

No comments:

Post a Comment