Friday, January 8, 2010

Bethel Daniel Fast Day 8: Unexpected Safety

I was driving to Bethel on Wednesday and for the first time in quite a while, I was just cruising. I wasn't speeding, setting any records or rushing for any reason. I was just in meditation with God, listening to gospel and making my way to the church.

There was an 18 wheeler to my left and for some reason it began to swerve into the left lane. I quickly hit my breaks. It was almost as if the driver had fallen asleep momentarily at the wheel of the truck. I remember thinking to myself how glad I was that I wasn't speeding, trying to pass on the right instead of the left. I thanked God for this unexpected safety. I also thanked God for alerting the truck driver as well so that there would not be an accident.

God provides unexpected safety each and every day. At times when we least expect it, there is protection from God. At times when we don't even realize we need it, God provides unexpected safety. The bible states in Hebrews 13:5, "He Himself has said that he will never leave you, nor forsake you." I praise God that on Wednesday (and on all days), God is paying closer attention to my situation than I ever could. And not only is God paying attention, he can inject unexpected safety exactly when I need it most. Only God be Glorified!

No comments:

Post a Comment