Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bethel Daniel Fast Day 9: Purpose

Every now and then in our lives, we are faced with a moment that compels us to ponder the questions, "Why are we here? Why are we doing this? What should I be doing next? These are difficult questions particularly when they are rooted in uncertainty.

I never would have imagined 10 years ago that I would be married with a daughter, called to ministry, the pastor of a great congregation, and seeking God's face continually through fasting and prayer. I was so different back then, and as an ongoing work in progress, I know I will be different tomorrow because God's plan for my life is still unfolding. Just like God's plan for God's Bethel is still unfolding.

I am reminded of Psalm 138, vs. 8: "The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me (us); your love O Lord endures forever - do not abandon the work of your hands." I have come to realize daily, particularly during this Daniel fast, that God will fulfill his purpose in us as a church family collectively and individually. His enduring love will strengthen us. He has chosen not to abandon us. We must choose not to turn our back on HIm. Only God be glorified!

No comments:

Post a Comment