Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bethel Daniel Fast Day 20: Patience = Power

Our God is amazingly awesome.

I have no idea why He blesses us in this way.

Today was the third and final (?) day of Wednesday morning prayer at God's Bethel. As you know, during the Daniel fast, we opened the doors of the church each Wednesday morning for at 7:30 for individual and collective prayer. Each week, God has touched, blessed and moved in our midst.

Throughout this season of fasting, I have spoken and written on several occassions about the importance of sacrifice. Fasting is an intentional deliberate sacrifice. It raises our faith, deepens our commitment level in God, confirms our patience and empowers our journey. There are too many twists and turns in life to try to navigate without God's guidance. Consequently, we must deny ourselves and walk more closely with God. We have witnessed a unique prescence of God in our midst and the journey still isn't complete.

James 1: 2 -3, "My brothers and sisters, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience." I have discovered on this journey that my patience in God also produces power to overcome the temptations of this world. My patience in God speaks to the joy that comes from God. My patience in God equals power to overcome doubt in others and in myself. Consider how deeply you have been blessed. That alone is enough wait patiently on our God. I end this writing as I began...

Our God is amazingly awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment